Questions To Ask yourself Before You Adopt A Cattle Dog
- Why do you want a cattle dog?
- What do you know about the breed? What is there to know? Are you willing to learn?
- What do you expect of a cattle dog?
- Who will take care of the cattle dog?
- Are you willing to take the dog to obedience classes, if needed?
- Where will the dog sleep?
- What type of dog food will you feed?
- Can you afford vet care, heartworm preventative, and vaccinations?
- Will you take them to work, on vacation?
- If an emergency arises who will take care of the dog?
- Cattle dogs blow their coat a least two times a year-are you willing to brush them?
- How will you exercise the dog?
- Are you willing to crate the dog until they get use to you, your routine, and his or her environment?
- Are you willing to socialize the dog with people and other animals?
- Are you willing to spend time with the dog each day?
- Are you willing to call if you need help with a problem?
- Complete the Adoption Application.
You MUST answer all questions with an answer. Fill in your first and last name so we know who you are.
Vet references: we need your previous vet and the vet you are using now. If you do not put something in each box and answer ALL questions, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IGNORED AND DENIED
- The application will be reviewed by our group. Based on your responses to questions, we will determine which dog or dogs will match
your personality, lifestyle, and home.
- One of us will contact you if we have any questions or concerns. A home visit can be scheduled. An appointment will be made so you can come meet our great dogs.
- At the time of adoption, we will explain our procedure and our contract. A signed contract is mandatory.
- Adoption fee is $100.00 to $400.00 unless stated otherwise. Some adoption fees maybe waived if dog is older or has been in rescue for awhile.
This fee includes spay/neuter, chip, rabies shot, parvo distemper vaccination, deworming, heartworm test & heartworm prevention pill. The adoption fee is considered a
contribution to the rescue to help support our efforts to save these dogs.
It is non refundable.
- Anyone can sponsor the adoption fee in efforts to help the available dog find a good home.
- The potential adopter still has to pass the adoption process.
- We do not transport dogs to the adopters home especially out of state. We do transport dogs to the adoption events and from what shelter we pulled them from. If you want to
adopt one of the dogs, you must be willing to drive to meet the dog.
Licensed : IL Dept of AG #11881
Australian Cattle Dog Rescue of Illinois
Texico, Illinois 62889
About Us ::
Education & Training ::
Dogs For Adoption ::
Donations & Sponsors