Questions To Ask yourself Before You Adopt A Cattle Dog
- Why do you want a cattle dog?
- What do you know about the breed? What is there to know? Are you willing to learn?
- What do you expect of a cattle dog?
- Who will take care of the cattle dog?
- Are you willing to take the dog to obedience classes, if needed?
- Where will the dog sleep?
- What type of dog food will you feed?
- Can you afford vet care, heartworm preventative, and vaccinations?
- Will you take them to work, on vacation?
- If an emergency arises who will take care of the dog?
- Cattle dogs blow their coat a least two times a year-are you willing to brush them?
- How will you exercise the dog?
- Are you willing to crate the dog until they get use to you, your routine, and his or her environment?
- Are you willing to socialize the dog with people and other animals?
- Are you willing to spend time with the dog each day?
- Are you willing to call if you need help with a problem?
- Complete the Adoption Application.
- The application will be reviewed by our group. Based on your responses to questions, we will determine which dog or dogs will match
your personality, lifestyle, and home.
- One of us will contact you if we have any questions or concerns. A home visit can be scheduled. An appointment will be made so you can come meet our great dogs.
- At the time of adoption, we will explain our procedure and our contract. A signed contract is mandatory.
- Adoption fee is $250 for adults & $300 for puppies. This fee includes spay/neuter, chip, rabies shot, parvo distemper
vaccination, deworming, heartworm test & heartworm prevention pill.
- All dogs are adopted on a trial period. At any time, the adopted dog may be returned to the rescue. At no time, will the dog be
sold, given away, or turn into an animal shelter or humane society.